For those with chronic conditions there is a limit to what standard medical care can do. While we are grateful for them, we take medications and we cope.
Naturopathic medicine can assist with decreasing symptoms, decreasing side-effects from medications, and sometimes can reverse chronic conditions.
Having the time to spend with patients working on lifestyle changes in tandem with our various therapies, makes NDs a very valuable asset in treating those with chronic diseases - the fast growing need in health care in Canada today.
Some of the common chronic conditions Dr. Smith treats are:
- hypertension, high cholesterol & heart disease
- autoimmune diseases
- headaches, neck pain, chronic back pain & arthritis
- lower digestive system disorders (e.g. Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, constipation, irritable bowel syndrome, fissures and hemorrhoids)
- upper digestive system disorders (e.g. gastroesophageal reflux disorder, ulcers, hiatus hernia)
- eczema, psoriasis & acne
- anxiety, depression & other mood disorders
- anemias of various kinds
- thyroid gland disorders
- varicose veins
For a complimentary 15-minute consultation (in office or by phone) to discuss your unique situation with Dr. Smith, please call the office at (416) 929-0707.