Websites & Blogs:
- The Whole Life Nutrition Kitchen - a very comprehensive website dedicated to eating gluten-free and includes a great blog with loads of excellent tips and recipes.
- My New Roots - Sarah Britton's blog on gluten-free living and healthy eating in general with fantastic tips, recipes and nutrition-based facts - one of my favourites.
- Elana's Pantry - a great go-to site for those keen on baking gluten-free.
- The World's Healthiest Foods - a web database of healthy ingredients with nutritional information, cooking articles, recipes, and cooking methods.
- Environtmental Defense Fund on Seafood - learn how to make healthy seafood choices. You can print a quick pocket guide that can be referred to when dining out or shopping at the grocery store.
- The Whole Life Nutrition Cookbook - This is a great piece of work created by Ali & Tom from Washington, the folks with the website of the same name mentioned above. A stellar cookbook and guide for those eating gluten-free - the ultimate resource.
- Go Dairy Free - Excellent for those with dairy sensitivities, lactose intolerance or allergies.
- The Rebar Cookbook - this is a great book from the famed funky & healthy Rebar restaurant in Victoria, BC.
- Fresh at Home - a fantastic cookbook from the famed Juice for Life (now called Fresh) vegetarian restaurants in Toronto, ON.
- The New Mayo Clinic Cookbook - Eating well for better health: this takes a contemporary and creative approach to health-conscious cooking that is user-friendly and practical.
- The Volumetrics Eating Plan - by Dr. Barbara Rolls, is a lifestyle guide and cookbook that empowers and encourages her readers to quit "dieting" for good, to feel full on fewer calories, and to lose weight and keep it off while eating satisfying portions of delicious, nutritious foods. The focus is healthy eating and learning about portion sizes.