For those with chronic conditions there is a limit to what standard medical care can do. While we are grateful for them, we take medications and we cope.
“It is more important to know what sort of person has a disease than to know what sort of disease a person has.”
Naturopathic medicine can assist with decreasing symptoms, decreasing side-effects from medications, and sometimes can reverse chronic conditions.
Having the time to spend with patients working on lifestyle changes in tandem with our various therapies, makes NDs a very valuable asset in treating those with chronic diseases – the fast growing need in health care in Canada today.
Some of the common chronic conditions Dr. Smith treats are:
- hypertension, high cholesterol & heart disease
- autoimmune diseases
- headaches, neck pain, chronic back pain & arthritis
- lower digestive system disorders (e.g. Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, constipation, irritable bowel syndrome, fissures and hemorrhoids)
- upper digestive system disorders (e.g. gastroesophageal reflux disorder, ulcers, hiatus hernia)
- eczema, psoriasis & acne
- anxiety, depression & other mood disorders
- anemias of various kinds
- thyroid gland disorders
- varicose veins
If you have any questions about how Dr. Smith can assist you with your specific health needs, please contact us.